Re: Problems mounting CD-ROM

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Jens K. Olsen wrote:

> I am trying to mount my internal CD-ROM.
>
> When I use dmesg I get the following:
>
> hdc: TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5702B, ATAPI CDROM drive
>
> when I do a mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/cdrom /cdrom where /dev/cdrom is a
> symbolic link to /dev/hdc, and /cdrom is an empty directory, I get the
> following:
>
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
>        or too many mounted file systems
You have to check that you got the appropriate filesystem modules loaded.
Or compiled the filesystem support into the kernel.
I don`t know what cd you are trying to mount but perhaps it is one from
the microsoft world where you could be needing vfat/joliet support.
Check out the available filesytem types in the kernel config.

regards, rolf