Re: GUI toolkit for a beginner?

    SK>  Suppose I must use C++, will it work with lesstiff?

Of course it will. Lesstiff is a Motif clone, and preserves the Motif
API. The Motif API is C-language based. So you can use it in/from a C or
C++ program. Taking that one step further, its even possible to use
Lesstiff/Motif from Java (using JNI) though why one would want to do
that is beyond me!!

    SK> How difficult would it be comparing to using lesstiff from a C
    SK> prog?

Not sure what you mean by difficult. I guess it all depends on your
skills and experience as a C++ developer. It would be somewhat
*different* compared to developing with Lesstiff in C, since in C++ you
would have to think in an object-oriented manner but you are using a GUI
toolkit which has a C lang API.

    SK> BTW: Isn't lesstiff written in C++?

No, I don't think so. Lesstiff being a Motif clone is a C-lang API. It
has to be written in C.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com