Re: Why is /dev/console linked to /dev/tty0?

In article <cistron.87ogcjvl29.fsf@ashwork.marquardt-home.de>,
Colin Marquardt  <colin.marquardt@gmx.de> wrote:
>Okay, I lied when I said that I have a plain slink system: I compiled
>2.2.x kernels myself, and not using a Debian package for this. Shame
>on me :-)
>
>Would the Debian kernel package have removed that link and created
>that device?

No idea, I always compile my own kernels.

>Should/could I do this myself?

Sure. Read Documentation/serial-console.txt in the 2.2.x kernel
source, it contains some more info about the new console device

Mike.
--
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.