Removing all SCSI drivers except mine from potato images

Hi,

I've needed to use the modified set of images for slink that are at:
http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/slink/5.1.19/

, which have all the SCSI drivers removed except for the one for
Adaptec aic7xxx SCSI cards. Is there anyone here who might be
able to help me get something similar done with potato and a 2.2.x
kernel? The person who made the images from the site above told
me he wouldn't be able to do that since the images wouldn't be able
to fit on a floppy if he did modify them. What if we just changed them,
but I'd run the installation off a DOS partition with install.bat?

I'm becoming very desperate here. An upgrade from slink to potato
still is causing me a lot of problems while the Corel Linux installation
won't start (boot images bring up the graphical installation screen,
but after floppy disk activity stops, it doesn't try to look for anything
on my cd-rom drive or harddrive to continue). This is really frustrating
because I didn't have these problems before at all and I haven't changed
any of my hardware. Could the Debian potato folks have made any
changes to it in the past month or so that would make an slink to potato
upgrade troublesome? It all seems to come down to PCMCIA and the
module stuff. That keeps on sticking itself into my slink installation.
Removing the pcmcia-cs package and putting it on hold through dselect
before upgrading has gotten rid of the long list of:
depmod: /lib/modules/2.0.36/pcmcia/SOMETHING.o is not owned by root

while doing the dist-upgrade/upgrade, but when I restart that still comes
up during the bootup process. Going straight to potato sounds like my last
hope.

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com