Re: Help with a Dell Latitude CPia

Chris Larson wrote:

> I have installed corel linux onto my laptop. Everything looks great and runs
> fine except for three things.
>
> 1. My ethernet card is not working. I can ping myself but I cannont ping
> anything else.

Coincidentally enough, I installed Corel on a friend's Latitude this
weekend.  What you need to do is edit /etc/modules and add a 3c59x line,
then add 'alias eth0 3c59x' to the end of your /etc/conf.modules file.

I don't have the laptop in front of me so these may not be precisely
right, but it should point you in the right direction.

> 2. I have no sound. sndconfig cannot detect a sound card. I think these
> laptops use some Neomagic sound chip.

If you figure out how to get sound working, please post to the list, I
didn't get Darin's laptop sound working either, mostly due to lack of
time.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.