Re: xterminal out of old 386?

> I have an old 386 running slink and want to install X. The system only
> has a 100MB drive and I've got slink + xserver-common and xserver-svga
> installed. Right now there is about 38MB free space. I would like to
> get X running and run apps on my much faster Alpha running potato over
> the network (10BaseT). Does this sound possible, even though the 386
> is very low on HDD space?

Yes, it should be possible.  I would strongly recommend doing _something_
over NFS to your Alpha (like, /usr) so that you can have quite a bit of
swap space set aside for the X server - it likes to take a lot of memory.

> If so, what packages do I need to tell apt-get to install?

Install the base system _only_, then 'apt-get install' only enough to get
a X server installed and running.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein