Re: Debian SPARC

Steve Stancliff wrote:
> I just installed Linux on our Ultra-30.  It has no floppy,
> and besides the boot floppies for Sparc don't seem to work,
> (tried them on another Sparc and also read a lot about problems
> with them), so I had to boot it by tftp.  That took a while
> to figure out, but once it got going I was at home in the
> regular Debian install.

I installed slink on a SunClassic using floppies. All was fine; I mean,
the base system installation. Recently, I oftentimes experiencing "bus
error" & "segmentation fault" during apt-get'ing. I'm not sure why, but
it seems that once I changed some of the directories into symlinks. I
have put back everything as the original, but the errors still occur
sometimes.
Lesson: don't touch those directories, you don't know where they should
be...

> For myself, I'm much happier trying to debug Debian/Sparc
> problems rather than trying to learn Solaris.

May I ask you why...?

Oki