Re: potato and 2 processors

> Hi,
>
> 	Luckly, I'll have a new machine this week. It's a dual pentium
> III.
> 	How good is potato, mainly 2.2.x (x>= 13), in SMP?
> 	I means: how stable is it? (kernel and potato) with this config.

First note: there is (not yet, at least) no 2.2.x where x is greater than
13.  There are pre-patches available, but no actual 2.2.14 (or higher).

Can't speak about potato w/SMP specifically, but I do have a dual Pentium
server running an updated slink and 2.2.13; I have had no stability
problems since I tracked down a driver problem.

> 	I'm already running potato in my personal workstation. It's fine.
> But the above machine will be a server.

You won't run into any problems; I haven't had any trouble (outside of
drivers for a particular ethernet card) for several months now.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein