looking for prog to synchronize files via ftp

Hi all,

I'm desperately looking for a program that synchronizes files on
different computers via ftp (or possibly other methods?), whenever you
call it by hand.
It should work like omirr (but not online...), that is, without
something like a master directory as with rdist(1). It should sync the
files by their time stamps.

Background: I'm working with my PC at home, but I need the files also at
university to go on with the work. I have access to my directory at
univ. via ftp or telnet.

Does anyone of you know such a prog? Thanks a lot!

cu, Tomas