Re: Gnome panel and Enlightenment

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 07:11:44AM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:

> Michael Stenner wrote:
> > I think that both are true, whether you mind depends on YOUR
> > standards.  In any event, I recommend giving a few a try.
>
> OK, I'll see how much is the space requirement.
>
> > There are many Window Managers that allow for this kind of thing:
> > KDE/(pick a WM), GNOME/(pick a WM) or most WMs alone (including
> > afterstep :)
>
> You seem to insist... are/were you a NeXTSTEP user?

:) I had a short, painful exposure to some NeXTSTEP machines (they
were horribly out of date by then)  But any fair experience? No.

I don't insist, actually.  I firmly believe that there are many very
good window managers out there, all with different strengths and
weaknesses.  AfterStep just lines up well with the things _I_ care and
don't care about.  I don't think it's better than E (or E is better
than AfterStep) but I think that AfterStep is a bit underrated.  The
rest is just me havin' fun.

> I was... but no resource yet to run MacOS X...

If, by that, you mean "no Mac", then I'm right there with you!

                                   -Michael

P.S. As fun as this is, it's rather off topic, so my conscience tells
me to end the thread :)

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu