Re: Virtual consoles in slink; somewhat updated

Anthony Campbell wrote:
<snip>
> This gives me 5 terminals. X comes out in the terminal "above" the one
> you use for startx; I do this in the last terminal (5) and X is in 6. I
> believe it is possible to have 64 terminals in all.

Not quite.  X will come out in the VC one higher than the last one that is
defined in your inittab, no matter which VC you do startx from.  For
example, I often do startx from VC 1.  And since I have 6 VCs defined in
my inittab X comes up in VC 7.  In fact, no matter which VC I do startx
from X will come up in VC 7.

I'm not sure what happens if, for instance, one user was to startx from,
say, VC 1 and then another user, for example root, was to do startx from
another VC.  Would that start another X on VC 8?  I think I'll have to try
that next time I'm on my slink box.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"