Re: Forcing Netscape to use MTA

Hi Dave,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Netscape says this:

The mail server responded:

relaying to <email@address.com> prohibited by Administrator

Please check the message recipients and try again.

This has to be a Netscape thing, though, because Mutt works just fine.
I have also set the exim configuration file to accept localhost.
My guess is that Netscape expects SMTP type response from my system
but is not getting it, so it aborts.  I'm wondering if it is possible
to get Netscape to use MTA `protocols' instead.

Now, as you can probably tell, I'm not a mail guru so the above may
not make any sense.  Really, the issue is that Mutt works just fine
and as expected, but Netscape has problems.

Thanks,

Matt

--
Matthew Roberts
Structural Engineering                          matt@frugal.org

You know that feeling when you're leaning back on a stool and
it starts to tip over?  Well, that's how I feel all the time.
   -- Steven Wright