Re: Dual-ethernet

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 03:25:00PM +0700, Oki DZ wrote

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering whether it's possible to load ne.o module for a dual
> ethernet machine. Can it be done? I have tried to load the same module
> twice (with different iobase's), but it wouldn't work. Do I have to
> recompile the kernel for including the support for NE2K in it?

Yes and No, respectively.

Instead of using something like
 # modprobe ne io=0x300 irq=10
to install the module, use something like
 # modprobe ne io=0x300,0x220 irq=10,11

This is necessary even with drivers that normally autprobe, as they
stop looking once they've found the first card.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au