Re: What's gone in Corel Linux

> from what i saw in beta 2 it was a VERY stripped version of slink.
Well apparently Corel made some major changes in the final because
according to this page:
http://linux.corel.com/products/linux_os/inside.htm

, Corel Linux is based on Debian 2.2. At their site I read something
about their KDE version being an enhanced one of 1.1.2, but from the
looks of things, it's 1.1.2 enhanced with KDE2 features (the panel
shortcut icons and taskbar are on one row a lot like how Gnome has
things except the screenshot I looked at looked exactly like how
they did it in KDE2).

> it had less then 150 packages(that were selectable during install at
> least) i just checked the beta 2 install i ahve going and it has about 295
> packages total(that is a full install) its a far cry from a 2000+ package
> slink or a 4000+ package potato.
Did you do a full install? Aren't Debian packages installable in Corel
Linux anyway? I always just do a base install of Debian and just do
an apt-get for everything that I need. One of the reasons why I don't
plan on going back to Red Hat.   : )

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com