Re: /dev/console

Hey.. fyi... I thought that I knew what the problem was (below).  But I
just had mor eprobs with it, and toyed around with it some more.

What is happening is this: when syslogd is (re)started, it points to
whatever is the current console *at that time*.

The real solution to my problem was to restart syslogd from tty1 (since
that's where I want my syslog console messages directed).

Apologies for replying to my own post, and for not making much sense in my
explanation.  ;)