Re: Cannot print after kernel upgrade

I changed /etc/printcap to point to /dev/lp0 and I'm still out of luck. If I
try this below, I get nothing; just a new line:

milwaukee:~# ls | lpr

So I typed this:

milwaukee:~# lpq
Printer 'lp@localhost' - cannot open connection - Connection refused
Make sure LPD server is running on the server

So I try to restart lpd, with this:

milwaukee:~# /etc/init.d/lpd start
milwaukee:~# ls | lpr
Status Information:
 sending job 'root@milwaukee+486' to lp@localhost
  connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
   cannot open connection to localhost - Connection refused
   Make sure LPD server is running on the server
    job 'root@milwaukee+486' transfer to lp@localhost failed

Still no luck. But this works:

milwaukee:~# ls > /dev/lp0

Any other suggestions?

--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu

"Humans have an innate tendency to attribute significance to anomalies
and coincidences."
  -- John Allen Paulos, mathematics professor at Temple University