Re: Cannot print after kernel upgrade

> I upgraded my kernel with the 2.2.10 image. Now I cannot print.
>
> During boot-up, I noticed what was once a message about lp1 is now about
> lp0:
>
> > parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
> > lp0: using parport0 (polling).
>
> I can send a job to lpd, but nothing happens; it sits in the queue.

Have you tried changing the references to /dev/lp1 to /dev/lp0 in
/etc/printcap?

> I have used lpc to stop/restart my printer, but still I cannot print
> to lp1, even though magicfilter is set up for lp1.

Most likely because /dev/lp1 is no longer recognized as valid by the
kernel - it's one of many things that changed when you moved from 2.0.x to
2.2.x.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein