Re: Installing from CD-ROM: problems

At 19:39 13.11.1999 +0100, you wrote
--------> This was the original Message:
MK>Hi!
MK>
MK>A friend of mine is installing Debian from cd-roms (from a machine without
MK>Internet connectivity), and since I have never done that myself, I'm a bit
MK>at a loss to why it won't work correctly. Here's the problems:
MK>
MK>* The initial dselect install only installed from the first cd, it seemed
MK>  not to care about the second. The cds are the official ISOs, downloaded
MK>  from Debians ftp site.

If you run dselect, choose teh accessmetode multicd2
(or like this, because I do not know exactly).

Michelle

Attention:

If you get this Mail from a mailing-list and you answer, please do
not CC: me, post it only to the list, otherwise I get all twice .

+--------------------------------------------------+           .~.
| Michelle's Internet Service                      |           /V\
|                                                  |          // \\
| Michelle, Andrea-Cinderella Konzack              |         /(   )\
|     11, rue de Rosheim                           |          ^`~'^
|     67000 Strasbourg - France                    |
|     Mob. 0033 / (0)6.62.61.78.37                 |     powered by Linux
|                                                  |           ----
| mailto:starone@cybercable.fr                     |      solutions  for
| http://www.michelle-is.com/ (currently off-line) |      smart penguins
+--------------------------------------------------+-------------------------+
| If you like to upgrade your WfW 3.11 do it with Calmira II                 |
| at http://www.calmira.org/                                                 |
| or give yourself with Debian 2.1 (2.0.36)                                  |
| at http://www.debian.org/                                                  |
| More power ??? Get it here:                      |                         |
| http://www.michelle-is.com/wfw3x/                |                         |
| http://www.michelle-is.com/dos/                  |                         |
| http://www.michelle-is.com/linux/                |                         |
| http://www.michelle-is.com/djgpp/                |                         |