Realtek NIC speed issues

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me on this as I've just about given up.   I have
a realtek8029 based PCI network card.   Under windows this card performs
well, getting good (50+kb/s) from local sites.  Under Debian however I'm
doing well if I average 10kbs from the same location.  Does anyone have any
ideas?

Some other info that may be useful:
    I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 about a month ago, it was during this process
that I first noticed  the speed dfference.
    I know of another person with a similar problem who also started having
it after the upgrade.
    Other people with excatly the same card running Red Hat have no
problems.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Thomas