Re: Where is my CD-ROM drive?

Hi Bryan,

>Linux is not recognizing your  SCSI CD.  type dmesg.   Is there any
>mention of your CD?

Linux is recognizing my CD-ROM. I think the problem is the SCSI-Driver for my SCSI Controller. Before I upgraded to a new kernel my Controller was recognized as a NCR53C875 and now the system says it's a NCR53C876. Afterwards I get a time out on the SCSI bus. (I use the NCR53C8XX driver as suggested on different Linux specific Websites. I tried other drivers as well.)

>Did you insert the SCSI and SCSI-CD modules?
>Doesn't sound like it.

What do you mean by 'inserting the SCSI and SCSI-CD modules'? Compiling them into the kernel? If you mean that the answer is yes.

Buy

Robert