Re: stopping x from starting automatically

*- On 12 Nov, Adam C Powell IV wrote about "Re: stopping x from starting automatically"

> Is there some reason xdm and gdm are linked from /etc/rc.2 and
> /etc/rc.3?  I thought only runlevel 5 was supposed to start X by
> default.  I remove these links myself, but it seems like making this
> default would be real easy, and would make Debian that much more
> standard.
>
> If no reason by Monday, I'll file a wishlist bug report in xdm and gdm
> (kdm?).

Don't bother filing a bug.  I filed one against xdm for the same reason
a long time ago and it was re-assigned to debian-policy and then
rejected.  The bug report(#34046) doesn't say why it was rejected but
usually policy bugs need support of a quorum of developers.

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you