Error in hostname-2.05.deb?

Hi:

 I was trying to upgrade from slink to potato and I got
 this error and do not seem to be able to go beyond this:

  Preparding to replace hostname 2.04 ( using /hostname_2.05_i386.deb)
  ..
 Unpacking replacement hostname
  dpkg: error processing ?var/.../hostname... ( --unpack):
  trying to overwirte '/bin/domainname', which is also in package nis
  Errors were encountered while processing ...
  E: Subprocess returned an error code (1)

  and the program returns to the command line.

  After it returned to the command line I did dpkg --confiure -a
  and configured whatever I could, but I don't think the job is
  complete. Has anybody else noted this problem with hostname?

  In general how do I proceed when something like this occurs?

  Appreciate any suggestions.

  Sebastian Canagaratna
  Department of Chemistry
  Ohio Northern University