Re: X window!!!

*- On 12 Nov, Tam Ma wrote about "X window!!!"
> I configured Xfree yesterday and I have entered in all the valid
> information for my monitor, video card and so forth. But afterward, I run
> "startx" and it gave me this error message:
>
> ----------------------------
> System: '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp -w l -R/user/X11R6/lib/X11.xkb
> -xkm -m us -eml "The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:"-emp"> "
> -eml "Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the xserver" keymap/xfree86
> /var/tmp/xfree86.xkm

As the text says the xkbcomp error is not fatal to the server so
something else is either erroring out or you do not have something set
up right. I get the same thing.

> wait for X server to shut down.
>
> Do you guys know what this message means?

This is just the normal exit message.  Usually when your window manager
terminates.  Do you have a .xinitrc or .xsession file with your
window manager of choice as the last command?  If so it must not be
started in the background like everything else.

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you