fsck errors

hi,

today i had a fsck run and for it looks like every socket type file fsck reported:

set file type on entry `whatever' in /what/ever (inode) to 6

or something to that effect, I reran fsck again and it reported the same errors again, I even tared the /var/ filesystem (most of these files are postfix sockets) and did a mke2fs on that partition and restored the files. fsck still reports these errors.

is there something really wrong or is this just a bug in fsck?

system is potato e2fsprogs/libs 1.17-2 kernel 2.2.13

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/