Re: ejecting last page from printer?

> I have my printer (Epson Stylus Color Pro) configured with magicfilter
> and it prints PS fine, but when it prints text it doesn't eject the
> final page. This means I have manually go to the printer and push the
> eject button. If I don't manually eject the page the next print job
> starts printing on THAT page! :( So my question is, how do I configure
> my printer to eject the last TEXT page? If the text printing is more
> then one page, all the pages eject but the last.. If its just one page
> it also doesn't eject.
>
> Does someone know how to fix this or can point me in the right
> direction?

I just replaced the last line of my magic filter to use enscript:

    # Default entry -- for normal (text) files.  MUST BE LAST.
    #default                 filter /usr/bin/recode latin1:cp437
    default                 pipe    /usr/bin/enscript -B -o -

This converts the plain text to PostScript and then sends it through the
filter another time, where gs handles the rest...

Of course, you could just always use enscript to print your plain text.
It can also add (fancy) headers and number your pages and even print two
pages on a single piece of paper (in landscape) with the command
"enscript -2r".  Use the "-G" option for the really fancy headers.

Other alternatives include a2ps, which even has some syntax highlighting
abilities and will print two pages on a single page by default.

Finally, on my Epson Stylus Color 740, I had to set the medium type to
"Letterdj" to account for the slightly smaller margin at the bottom of
the page.  For enscript, edit /etc/enscript.cfg and add (or change):

# Default output media.
DefaultMedia: Letterdj

For a2ps, edit a2ps.cfg and add (or change):

# Default medium

rgds-- TA  (tallard@frb.gov)
I don't speak for the Federal Reserve Board, it doesn't speak for me.