apt-get xbase

I needed to upgrade to this package at some point when I was
trying install KDE. (kde required xlib6g and I think after a long
list of dependencied I ended up getting xbase)

What happened after I installed it? Main problem is my previous
window manager (wmaker) does not work, instead xsession
fires up twm (even though I have a "window-manager" file and
it contains wmaker in the first line).

Problem is I don't know what changes took place in my system
this is the worst part of all. Could we have some more documentation
in the installation directiories?? and at least some log files instead
of having to have them created manually? (I don't know where
apt-get keeps its log files if any)
Thanks

Fethi Okyar
Research Assistant