Drowing in libc differences...

I've been working with the debian distribution for a bit now, and have almost
completed removed NT from my environment (hooray!) --but suddenly run into a
difficult problem.   I have a vendor application that is certified on several
dists, but not debian.  When I try, it fails, as it can't seem to find a library
called "librt.so.1"   -  I can only seem to find "librt" in the RedHat based
distributions.

Can anyone help me by either pointing out:

a) file name differences between libc6 in RedHat vs. Debian
     or
b) the error I've made in assuming librt is in libc6, when its really somewhere
else
     or
c) some but of as yet unguessed wisdon that will make my life (in this respect)
better
     or
d) a FAQ so cleverly published that I've been unable to find it
     or finally
e) you could fix the fence in my backyard, saving me hours of trouble (hey,
never hurts to ask).

Thanks in advance for any help!

</AP>