printing problem: failed connection?

I previously was able to install my Laser Jet printer by running
magicfilterconfigure. Things were working lovely. (This is all under
slink)

Today I, seem to have run into some problems.

I'm able to have root dump stuff to the printer (i.e. ls > /dev/lp0),
but when I use lpr I get the following error:

connection to 'localhost' failed - Connection refused
transfer to lp@localhost failed

I remember getting these same messages before I got things working via
magicfilterconfigure. I've tried to rerun that and reboot, but still
getting the connection failure.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks,

serge

--
Sergio Rey
Associate Professor

http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html

"Good pitching beats good hitting, and vice versa"