Re: Pine

on 07 Nov 99, tsuess@tsuess.evcom.net wrote...

>> Which web page are using?  If http://debianpine.tripod.com, don't
>> bother.  Use http://members.mint.net/frodo/pine the .debs there are known
>> to be good.

I'm inexperienced with Debian, but had no problem getting Pine from
this web page. However, I've been unable to install and configure it.
Pine depends on libc-client4.6 and I can't find it - in another posting
you indicated it was for the time being under /Incoming, but the only
deb I found there seems to be an alpha one.

Also, Pine depends on libc6 >=2.1 (my slink has 2.0.7) and libncurses
4 >=4.2-3.1 (I only have 4.2-3). Neither of these am I unable to find.

I'm puzzled, because I went to ftp.uk.debian.org and got Pine 3.96,
thinking I would upgrade later when I located the dependencies,
and that says I need the same files.

Can you help in any way please?