ppp + ip-up.d + fetchmail + multiple polls

Hi,

the subject shows that I have no clue where to look :-)

My problem is this: my ~/.fetchmailrc specifies four different
accounts to poll mail from. When I´m running fetchmail by hand, all
four accounts are polled, like it should.

I have a script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d that looks like this:

| #!/bin/sh -e
| ## This script is run when the ppp link goes up.
|
| echo "Fetchmail starting..." > /dev/console
|
| fetchmail -vvv -a 2> /dev/console
|
| echo "Fetchmail ready." > /dev/console

Now, when I go online and this script is run automatically, fetchmail
only queries the first of my four accounts! (I can observe this because
I´m sending the fetcmail output to /dev/console).

Has anyone an idea why this is?
My system is a plain slink in this part, fetchmail is version 4.6.4.

TIA,
  Colin

--
Colin Marquardt <colin.marquardt@gmx.de>