Re: fvwm2 question

> How can I get an xterm to start on a specific virtual desktop in fvwm2?
>
> I've got this in my init-restart.hook:
> + "I" Exec xterm -xrm "*Page:0 2 1"
>
> but that doesn't seem to work. I'm using the default Debian system.fvwm2rc
> with one desktop but a 3x3 virtual set up.

[17:35:20 /tmp]$ zcat -A29 7.3 /usr/doc/fvwm/FAQ.gz | tail -n 30
7.3  How to start applications on a page or desk other than the current.

   Use the 'StartsOnDesk' or 'StartsOnPage' style in your .fvwm2rc:

     Style Netscape* StartsOnPage 0 1

   or

     Style Netscape* StartsOnDesk 1

   Any window with a title that begins with 'Netscape' will be placed
   on page 0 1 (desk 1).  You will probably want to use these options
   too:

     GlobalOpts RecaptureHonorsStartsOnPage, CaptureHonorsStartsOnPage

   Note that the GlobalOpts command will be removed some day in the
   future and this options will become style flags.

7.4  How to start applications on a page or desk other than the current
     without moving the viewport to the new page or desk.

   Use the SkipMapping style:

     Style Netscape* StartsOnPage 0 1, SkipMapping

Or didn't I understand you correctly ?