Re: PPP - almost there, but stuck on routing table :(

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, John Miskinis wrote:

> I noticed that the /dev/modem worked also, but I wanted to be
> sure that it was using ttyS2 for now.  I am also trying everything
> as root for now.  I tried "pon" but it complained about some things
> that I have not yet configured (in diald?).

About what exactly (btw. pon is not related to diald)? This may be the
small peice missing.

> I figured it would be best to get the manual connection method
> working first, to ensure everything is OK, before automating...

Usualy pon is 'very' manual, just an two lined wraper script to call pppd:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/pppd call ${1:-provider}

pon/poff is in my oppinion the most easy way to make an ppp connection.

Martin

--
          Linux, because I'd like to *get there* today

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de