Re: gtk+ 1.2?

libgtk++ is one of a few 'moving targets' that debian
can't keep up with.  Another is wine.  Also VDK and
gEDA.  So I have been downloading sources from their
home sites and building my own in /usr/local/src.
This works but you must include /usr/local in your
path.  Also add /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf
and run ldconfig after building the libraries.  You
could also download the source from unstable and then
use dpkg-source -x and dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc to
build your own .deb's under your current version of
libc.  Only problem is I think that when you DO
upgrade to potato dselect won't grab the latest
versions of the packages you built since it will think
they are the same version and then you will still have
the versions built against the older libc.  You of
course could un-install and re-install the packages.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....