Re: Strange network problems on ppp interface

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Dylan Thurston wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 04:18:31PM -0800, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
> >
> > Hmmmmm!
> > I reported almost the exact same problem right about the time when kernel
> > 2.2.0 came out. At that time I was running 2.0.36+kerneli and had updated
> > to 2.2.0, and didn't know a thing until our cable modem went out and I
> > needed to use the Ricochet. I'm almost certain it's a kernel issue,
> > because the same system worked fine with a Creative external modem on the
> > same serial port.
>
> I've been using kernel 2.2.12 or 2.2.13 since I got the modem, so I'm
> fairly sure that the kernel isn't the problem here.  But you do give
> interesting information, that it seems to be specifically related to
> Ricochet's network.  I'll browse their web page.

Hmmmm. Maybe whatever it was got fixed in the more recent kernels, if it
was actually a kernel problem. I was running stock Debian 2.1 (I don't
think I have my disc any longer) with a kernel built from kernel.org
Were you running a stock slink without any of the unofficial updates
before you upgraded to potato?

-- Ferret no baka