Re: Strange network problems on ppp interface

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 04:18:31PM -0800, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> Hmmmmm!
> I reported almost the exact same problem right about the time when kernel
> 2.2.0 came out. At that time I was running 2.0.36+kerneli and had updated
> to 2.2.0, and didn't know a thing until our cable modem went out and I
> needed to use the Ricochet. I'm almost certain it's a kernel issue,
> because the same system worked fine with a Creative external modem on the
> same serial port.

I've been using kernel 2.2.12 or 2.2.13 since I got the modem, so I'm
fairly sure that the kernel isn't the problem here.  But you do give
interesting information, that it seems to be specifically related to
Ricochet's network.  I'll browse their web page.

Thanks!

--Dylan Thurston