Re: mysql root password

Ingo Reimann wrote:

> Sometime, when i installed mysql ( don't know why exatcly ) the configure
> script advised me to set a root password. I yelled for the ghosts ( is it
> correct? ) and set one with
> myswladm password XXX
> ok, so far so good.
>
> Every time when some apt script touches the database, it tries it without a
> password and exits.
>
> How can i remove this nasty password or
> How can i tell the scripts to use my password

You might want to try a ~/.my.cnf file with the following entries:

[client]
user=root
password=<your MySQL password here>

When you launch any MySQL utility, this file will be referenced for
login information.

	- Clint
--
 ( >- Clint Dimick: UNIX Systems Administrator
 /~\    AT&T Wireless Services - Redmond, WA
|  \)  Technology Development Group SA Member
 \_|_ Your mouse has moved.  Windows must reboot for changes to take affect.