mysql root password

Hi

Sometime, when i installed mysql ( don't know why exatcly ) the configure
script advised me to set a root password. I yelled for the ghosts ( is it
correct? ) and set one with
myswladm password XXX
ok, so far so good.

Every time when some apt script touches the database, it tries it without a
password and exits.

How can i remove this nasty password or
How can i tell the scripts to use my password

Any help would be nice

Ingo

        I. Reimann                       reimann@uni-muenster.de
        Inst. fuer Angew. Physik         +49 251 83-33527 (fon)
        Correnstr. 2-4                   +49 251 83-33513 (fax)
        D-48149 Muenster
	Germany