apt-get fails

Today when I tried running apt-get dist-upgrade, it failed on me... Anyone
have ideas?

# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  sgmlspm
  libforms0.89 libsgmls-perl sgmlspl
The following packages have been kept back
  kbd samba samba-doc smbfs
64 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 1 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/21.6MB of archives. After unpacking 362kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

100% [Scanning packages]
Configuring packages ...
/tmp/fileK7MiKx: /usr/share/debconf/confmodule: No such file or directory
E: Sub-process dpkg-preconfig --apt returned an error code (1)
E: Failure running script dpkg-preconfig --apt

This is repeatable.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/