Fwd: Re: [NLUG] [Fwd: windowmaker and gnome]

Subject: Re: [NLUG] [Fwd: windowmaker and gnome]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:00:48 -0500 (CDT)
From: noxiou5 <noxiou5@linux-cs.tccw.wku.edu>

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Jeff French wrote:

> "T.V.Gnanasekaran" wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> > I want to use windowmaker with gnome panel.
> > can anybody share their configs with me?
> > I would like to use gnone panel for all my buttons and windowmaker as
> > windowmanager instead of enlightenment.
> >
> > -gnana

In your .xinitrc, all you should have to do to run windowmaker with the
gnome panel is:
###########
panel &
exec wmaker

I believe that windowmaker also has a minimum installation opion when you
do the ./configure before installing.  I think this takes out the dock and
clip as well as other stuff that you really won't need if you're using
gnome's panel.  Hope this helps.

--
NOX
""If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly

77 65 72 64...