Re: windowmaker and gnome

On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 11:06:28AM +0200, Ralf Comtesse wrote

> gnana@lanminds.com said:
> > hello, I want to use windowmaker with gnome panel. can anybody share
> > their configs with me? I would like to use gnone panel for all my
> > buttons and windowmaker as windowmanager instead of enlightenment.
>
> Hello Gana,
>
> I do use this combination on my computer and I would even share _my_
> configuration with you. But: I still have not solved out, that
> windowmaker's and gnome's session management get in each others way.
> It seems, that I cannot keep one of them from starting lots of apps
> from the last session.
> To all: Maybe someone else can help me?

You should be able to turn WindowMaker's session management off, by
disabling "Automatically save session when exiting WindowMaker" in
WPrefs and selecting "Clear Session" from the desktop "Workspace" menu.
That should leave gnome-session solely in charge of session management.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au