Re: windowmaker and gnome

"T.V.Gnanasekaran" <gnana@lanminds.com> writes:
> I want to use windowmaker with gnome panel.
> can anybody share their configs with me?

I can give a description of my current setup.

- I have moved away from windowmaker's dock/clip/etc since trying out
the stable gnome panel. I disabled clip & dock with wmakerconf

- I have one visible bottom panel containing deskguide, tasklist,
clock etc.; one auto-hide top panel containing menus, minicommander,
and launcher buttons for frequently-used apps.

This basically replaces my clip & dock functionality and seems easier
to manage. They are an elegant concept some app icons would never work
quite right. Also I find the auto-hide useful.

- I disabled all appicons & resizebars with the following
~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMWindowAttributes:

  {
    "*" = {
  	NoAppIcon = Yes;
  	NoResizebar = Yes;
  	};
  }

- windowmaker-gnome ignores gnome panels when maximizing windows; so I
use the "no window over icons" option as a workaround. Enlarge windows
to full size manually if needed.

- I start up with the following in ~/.xsession:

  # install any manual edits to wmaker config files
  mv -b ~/GNUstep/Defaults/new/* ~/GNUstep/Defaults
  WindowMaker-gnome >>~/.xsessionlog 2>&1

Or you could try using gnome-session.

Hope this helps,
-Simon