sound problems: what next?

Well, I installed a new kernel in the hopes that my recent sound problems
were a result of corrupt modules, but no luck.  Same errors.  TO recap, here
are the errors:

----
loop awe_wave AWE32: not detected
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module synth0
/dev/sequencer: Device not configured
/lib/modules/2.2.13/misc/awe_wave.o: post-install awe_wave failed
/lib/modules/2.2.13/misc/awe_wave.o: insmod awe_wave failed
Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
SB 4.16 detected OK (220)
SB16: Bad or missing 16 bit DMA channel
YM3812 and OPL-3 driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen, Rob Hooft
1993-1996
----

Any ideas on what to try next?  Should I try another module?  Am I missing
one?  Here's what I have selected (according to modconf):

awe-wave, opl3, sb, sound, soundcore, soundlow.

Should I select uart401?  Deselect opl3?  It's not a hardware problem.  My
mandrake partition has no problems whatsoever.  Should I try
upgrading/reinstalling another package outside of the kernelspace?  I was
about to include the isapnp config message from boot time, but it didn't
make it into /var/log/messages.  Any idea where that might show up?  It was
detected without any errors that I noticed, anyway.

If it'll help: I'm running Debian Potato, 2.2.13, SB AWE64.

Thanks,

-Chris

FREE Email for ALL! Sign up at http://www.mail.com