Re: AWE32 Soundblaster

ive been usin an AWE32 PnP for quite some time..works great in X ..be it
XMMS(xmms.org) or outpuitting sound from my tv card(which outputs to CD
line in on rthe soundcard) or games like quake2/3/myth2 ..

what error do u get when u have this trouble?? you weren't very
specific.  just a guess but if your using 2.2.x did you enable PERSISTANT
DMA BUFFERs ? to use 16bit sound the OS needs to allocate memory pages
below the 16MB level, if you load X, chances are there won't be enough
free memory below that to playback sound (have had this problem too),
enabling that option will pre allocate and reserve this memory space at
boot, making sure its always available for sound.

nate