Re: Calling in on my server

read this

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mrdennis/mgetty.html

i didn't use it to make my PPP server (i wish i knew about it and i
wouldof)  the only way i can get mgetty/auto_ppp to work is

1) without authentication(#@$%#@$@) and it auto assigns an ip
2) with authentication and it seems the client has to specify the
IP.  auto assignment worked fine in win98se, but failed in nt and
win95osr2.5.

for those that may know how to FIX my problem, this is my config for
mgetty:

/AutoPPP/ -    a_ppp   /usr/sbin/pppd auth login debug crtscts modem
ms-dns 208.222.179.31 lock proxyarp 216.128.8.22:216.128.8.254

if i remove the auth and login, auto assignment works fine in win95osr2
and nt (and 98se) -- and it lets any user login doesn't matter waht
login/pass is used, if auth and login is there  ..auto assignment of an IP
doesnt appear to work for nt4/win95osr2.

nate