Re: Sound Card Problem

Rik Burt wrote:

> When may machine is booting I can hear a click like my sound card is
> initializing but I have completely eliminated the isapnp.conf file and
> mv the isapnp call out of the boot scripts so what on earth is
> initializing the card?

The sound you hear most likely is when the motherboard BIOS find the
card in its Power On Self Test. As for isapnp not finding the card, I
wonder if it is confused with the on board sound card. Can you try
disabling the on board sound?

Hope this helps

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu

Where do all the bits go when the computer is done with them?