Sound Card Problem

My system is an old P5-100 with 48 MB RAM and a pnp modem, pnp on the
motherboard CS4232 sound card (this is disabled in WIN 95), and an pnp
AWE64 Sound Blaster.

The trouble I am having is that pnpdump is not seeing the Sound
Blaster.  On a friends machine (almost the same except no no onboard
sound chip) we were able to use pnpdump and configure the isapnp.conf
file, recompile the kernel and modules, sound then followed.

When may machine is booting I can hear a click like my sound card is
initializing but I have completely eliminated the isapnp.conf file and
mv the isapnp call out of the boot scripts so what on earth is
initializing the card?

I don't have any parameters being handed off in LILO and I am assuming
that this is where my problem is originating.