Re: cfdisk and fdisk with slink hang writing partition to SCSI disk...uh-oh

I already tried that - Debian still hangs when initialising the partitions (made with RH). I guess I'll have to stick with RedHat, which I'm none too happy about I can tell you.

I say bug.

Martin

From: Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net>
To: "Martin Waller" <polytope_@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: cfdisk and fdisk with slink hang writing partition to SCSI disk...uh-oh
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:48:40 -0800

On 27/10/99 Martin Waller wrote:

(I've resorted to installing RH (6.0 or 6.1) which seems to be
coping OK (still indstalling...but got through the partition bit and
now throwing packages on) ....hmmm).

why didn't you just partition with redhat and then install debian
skipping the partition step?  all linux on i386 use the same kind of
partition table...

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/