Panas.CDROM hooked-2-sound card trouble

Please help!!!:
After many attempts of initially installing slink from CD, having
already
installed sbpcd module succesfully, I have been unable to read from Cd
everytime I try. So I have also tried the following:
I did the mount -t ... /dev/hdx, tried all, none worked.
I did later modconf to install the sbpcd, installed nicely, but again
didn't let me read my cdrom.
What I get is, after a lot of failures of the kind

sbpcd-0 [x]: Diskinfo: Read capacity "y"  returns - 602
sbpcd-0[x+1]: CD contains no data tracks.
sbpcd-0[x+2]: !st-diskok detected-retrying
same
same
sbpcd[x+4]: sbp status: failed after 3 tries
end_request: I/O error, dev 19:00, sector 64
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 19:00 iso_blknum 16 block 32
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom, or
too many mounted file systems.

My CDrom is not bootable.
 Do you guys think the problem is with the CDRom, or with the
module?
I have been able to install slink previously in same PC from this same
cdrom, using the same steps.
The only difference is that now I made swap partion primary instead of
logical. The other (hda1) is
also primary. Don't have any idea. Any indication is very much welcome.
Antonio.