Various Problems with Gnome and X....

My problem is that when I use the gnome panel and pager app in
WindowMaker my settings for the pager are not saved. I have made a
little icon that autostarts the panel upon starting X but the pager app
reverts to its default settings. I have the latest deb package for
Debian Linux and the gnome enabler package. I also tried the gnome
desktop app which is very similar and that didn't save my settings
either...

When I say "save my settings", I mean upon a restart of X, and maybe
windowmaker (didn't try that).

On an unrelated note is there a way to change the Debian root menu from
the CLI?

Lastly, I was wondering how to install TTF fonts on debian. I have put
all my ttf fonts into a folder and created a fonts.dir file. I then
installed xfstt, which started up and detected 198 fonts or so. Then I
edited my XF86Config file and added the line

FontPath "unix/:7101"

then restarted X and my fonts were not availible....

Thanks

BTW, I am NOT on this list so please forward all respones to
david@da3.net and make sure that you have RE: in the header.