Re: installing StarOffice 5.1a for Linux

aphro wrote:

> i just installed star office 5.1 (5.1a?? just d/l it a few days ago) on
> debian 2.1 (slink) with no trouble. it was a clean install of slink.  wish
> i could figure out what to install to give java support though(or what the
> java support would do if i had it) installing the jdk didnt seem to work.
>
> nate
-------------------------------------------------- I
I had the same problem, to date, no solution. I really have not looked
hard, though, just watched to see if anyone else has had this problem. I
also have the standard Debian slink jdk installed and other things seem
to work fine. I did get a message, during the installation, that SO
could not find the correct path or the environment strings for java. I
do not remember setting them myself and simply disregarded it and did
the install without java support. I would now like to have this myself
as I have begun to use SO for some website development projects. Thanks!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems